Monday, July 28, 2008

Final Preparations

Only a few more days till departure! We had our last team meeting yesterday, and all the final details are falling in place. We’ve all got our malaria pills that we’ll start taking this week. I got the rest of my vaccines last week (besides shots for Hepatitis A & B and Yellow Fever, I ended up going with ones for Meningitis and Typhoid Fever -- so, hopefully I’m good to go for protection from the most risky ones.) I drove home and got final hugs from my grandma and dad – who are both a little worried about their baby girl going to a war-torn African country, but who are thankfully still supportive of me following my dreams. There are still lots of last-minute things to do in the coming days – securing travelers’ insurance, buying a new sleeping bag, getting extra camera batteries, etc. But, all in all, I’m feeling ready to go, and ready to get this long-awaited adventure underway.

No comments: