Monday, August 25, 2008

Return to the ATX

Just a quick update:

My team and I arrived safely home to Austin last Monday night, super tired from days of traveling, but with wonderful memories from an incredible trip to Sudan. Thanks for all the prayers and well-wishes from all of you while I was gone – it definitely meant the world to know that I had support from so many of you here at home. And of course now that I’m back, the question comes “How was Sudan?” Man, so much to tell. I guess the easy part first…. if a picture is worth a thousand words, then check out my visual report here for all my personal pictures that I’ve uploaded. You can also check this out, which is where many of my team members have posted their photo albums.

Now the hard part… trying to put all of the experience into words. My hope is take some of my favorite memories and write separate essays about them soon. There is so much to tell, and I want to do it justice as much as possible. I’d hoped to already get some posted, but I ended up spending most of this week back home in Lorena with my fam, and then this weekend was pleasantly consumed with a two-day celebration for my friends Phillip and Constance’s marriage. (Which, has totally confirmed in my mind that eloping in a foreign country and then later throwing a big party back at home DEFINITELY beats a traditional wedding.).. So, anyways, back to work at Halcyon as of this week while I start up the new job hunt… and I’ll get those essays up as soon as I can. Love y'all...

No comments: